- 1. The Montserrat Caballé International Singing Competition is specifically devoted to opera.
- 2. The competition is open to all singers of any nationality aged from 18 to 35 years old.
- 3.Deadline for registration is on Friday September 30th., 2022
No application fee is raised to apply and take part in the competition.
Candidates must fill in the entry form, submit the online application form and upload the compulsory documentation at official website: www.fundaciomontserratcaballe.org
-Applicants will present a repertoire of a total of six 6 arias:
Three 3 arias of his/her own choice (which may or may not belong to the compulsory arias official list) Repeated arias will not be valid. Participants will have to sing 1 one free choice aria he/she prefers of the section free choice arias for its first round audition. Three 3 arias chosen of the official list of obligatory/compulsory arias.
Any changes of arias required, will have to be notify via email, as once the registration is submitted, applicants will not be able to change repertoire automatically until application's deadline by September 30th., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum vitae
- A scanned document of current passport or ID
- Photocopy of a music academy/conservatory voice diploma
- A letter of recommendation from a singers teacher or an operatic center
- One recent digital photo
- A link of any video-audio recording, singing an operatic aria, 1 aria is enough or maybe a website link instead.
- 4. The competition has the right of admission of the participants.
- 5. Schedule of the competition
Eliminatory rounds stage: Auditorio Montserrat Caballé in Arganda del Rey (Madrid) November 2nd., 3rd., 4th. and 5th., 2022
Participants will sing one 1 aria of their preference and make a clear choice for one 1 aria to audition for first elimination round, in their application form, chosen of the section of their 3 free choice arias. The results of the competition’s semifinal candidates will not be announced before ending all 4 four eliminatory rounds by November 5th.
Semifinal stage: Auditorio Montserrat Caballé in Arganda del Rey (Madrid) November 6, 2022
Participants will sing one 1 aria chosen by the Jury of the section of 3 three obligatory arias listed. The Jury chooses the 1 aria for the Final as well, and all the successful finalists will be notified the same evening on November 6
Final: Teatro Real, Madrid November 7th., 2022
Participants will sing one 1 aria chosen by the Jury from the total of the six 6 arias. The Jury may choose a piece for the Final that has already been performed for the first eliminatory round so far in Semifinal. The results of the competition will be announced at the end of the Final, followed by the award ceremony.
- 6. The order of appearance of the participants in the competition will be decided by a formal confirmation email with the audition’s date and rehearsal time for their participation at the first eliminatory rounds.
- 7. The participant must indicate by electronic application the free choice 1 aria, to sing for 1st. eliminatory round no later than September 30th., 2022 in order to receive the official acceptance as participant enrolled.
- 8. Candidates officially admitted to the competition shall confirm their participation not later, than, September 30th., 2022 and/or in case are unable to travel... a withdrawal notification will be highly appreciated. email@example.com
- 9. All arias have to be sung by heart in their original language and key. Singers must provide their own scores for voice and piano according to their presented program.
- 10. The competition will provide all singers with official accompanying pianists and arrange the rehearsal on the same day to their first audition for 1st. eliminatory round, for Semifinal on November 6 and for Final on November 7th., 2022
- 11. The competition will hold the rights for the recording and the broadcasting by radio, television or any other audiovisual media of recording, reproduction and/or media that exist or may exist in the future, on the performances of the participants, who expressly and formally relinquish all rights to which they might otherwise be entitled. These recordings are for the archive of the competition and for audiovisual media for promotion and not to be used for commercial purposes.
- 12. Participants will take in their own charge all travelling and accommodation expenses as the costs involved in obtaining the visas to travel and enter Spain, if applicable. The competition can provide a formal standard letter of invitation, which may be used for the issuance of a visa.
- 13. The final decisions of the Jury will be irrevocable.
- 14. The Jury will grant:
First Prize 15.000€ Second Prize 6.000€ Third Prize 3.000€
The Jury has the right not to grant or to grant ex-aequo one or more of the prizes, which may be divided equally.
Saioa Hernández and Francesco Pio Galasso will give a special Prize of 2000€ to a participant of the final.
Teatro Real will award to one of the winners with the participation in one of their future productions.
Gran Teatre del Liceu will award to one of the winners with the participation in one of their future productions.
Festival Castell de Peralada will award to one of the winners with the participation in one of their future editions.
The audience attending the Final will grant an honorary prize.
- 15. All participants must follow the protocol rules established by the Health Authorities from the origin of their trip and those established in Spain by the Health Ministry in Madrid during the Competition period. Any questions regarding the application process or comments: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org